Here is a list written by The Misses on some of Life’s hard lessons.
What I learned on my Memorial Day vacation:
- A 4 month old can only ride for 8 hours in the car without going into total baby meltdown.
- On a holiday weekend it takes 10 hours to get to my father’s house. (See above)
- In meltdown mode a baby can turn an amazing assortment of shades of red. None of them pretty.
- Listening to “The Bear Went Over the Mountain” incessantly will make you go mad.
- “The Bear Went Over the Mountain” madness is preferable to baby screams.
- No matter how many window shades you put up in your car the sun will always find a way to shine directly in the baby’s face when she is finally starting to drift off.
- You will find an interesting conglomeration of people stopped in our nation’s rest areas, especially on a holiday.
- A baby gives perfect strangers license to comment on, talk to and even touch said child. (See #7)
- Sweet potatoes make for interesting baby spit-up.
- In four days a well meaning dog sitter can turn normally lean dogs into chubby puppies regardless of explicit feeding directions.